In addition to standard signage, the Pensacola Sign team is well versed in creating ADA-compliant wayfinding and informational signage that adheres to the guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Our design know-how coupled with leading-edge technology allows you to reach additional patrons through braille while seamlessly matching the rest of your signage system and branding.
THE VALUE OF ADA SIGNS
All new construction and renovation to existing public buildings are required to use ADA-compliant signage on facility doors, permanent rooms, restrooms, stairwells and other notable spaces. This allows patrons of all need levels to safely and confidently navigate your facility.
ADA SIGN TIPS
If you’re considering a custom ADA sign for your business, here are a few helpful tips:
- Regulations and guidelines do change occasionally, making it extremely important to partner with a sign company who regularly reviews all the new data and guidelines.
- Not all signs require ADA compliance. The regulations are most focused on informational (directories), wayfinding and room identification. You’ll want to choose a design approach that not only meets ADA standards, but also has a consistent design that can be carried throughout all types of signage within your facility.
- When designing ADA signage, one must follow any rules on letter height, stroke thickness, spacing and color contrast. For installation, ADA signage must be mounted at a certain height or feature a certain level of visibility from a defined distance.
- In the medical field, there are further requirements to note that overlap ACHA, including labeling medical gases, biohazard containment and rooms.
- Specialized equipment is required for a signage company to create long-lasting, high-quality ADA signage. Be sure to inquire about the in-house capabilities your selected sign partner possesses.
WHY CHOOSE PENSACOLA SIGN
- Reliably serving Pensacola’s ADA compliant signage for over 25 years
- Knowledgeable, experienced team of sign technicians
- Creative graphic designers
- High-quality printing capabilities to ensure color matching and brand consistency
- Quality-tested and warranted materials available
- Use of CNC machines in conjunction with rotary equipment to make beautiful and compliant ADA signage
- Unrivaled commitment to customer service