From retail and hospital campuses to churches and educational facilities, exterior wayfinding solutions will improve traffic flow and customer satisfaction. No matter the size or scale of your needs, we can help you find the way through implementing the perfect roadside signs, parking lot directional, arrow signs, wall-mounted signs, sidewalk graphics and other custom wayfinding system solutions.
Worried that the elements may take their toll? Fear not. Our wayfinding signs are made with premium materials sure to stand the test of time.
THE VALUE OF EXTERIOR WAYFINDING
There are a lot of good things that can come from a thoughtfully planned and well-executed exterior wayfinding system. Properly directing traffic and maintaining good traffic flow are certainly the most notable. Visibility across distances also helps point people in the right direction when identifying entrances, building names and areas of interest on your campus.
EXTERIOR WAYFINDING TIPS
If you’re evaluating a new approach to your exterior wayfinding system, here are a few helpful tips:
- All words on your signage should be clear, concise and legible for maximum readability. You’ll also want to explore using contrasting colors and a brand consistent look throughout your wayfinding system.
- Keep in mind that you don’t have to have every location in a building on a wayfinding sign. Focus on large areas and building locations that are the most relevant to where a person would be on a campus or at a building.
- Consider existing traffic patterns and the positioning of your building—both will impact your exterior wayfinding signage needs.
- Planning is very important. We commonly get asked to repair or refurbish sign systems that were installed without thought to future expansion or changeability needs. A comprehensive survey with mapping will help ensure a well-executed project sure to stand the test of time.
- Consider how landscaping will be handled around your exterior signs. For example, the potential damage from regular sprinkler spray or weed eaters could be mitigated by putting a simple base on a pylon sign and maximize durability.
- There are many quality materials suitable for a wayfinding system including acrylics, PVCs and aluminum. A skilled signage partner can assist you in choosing the material that’s right for you and will ensure a long-lasting structural product.
WHY CHOOSE PENSACOLA SIGN
- Reliably serving Pensacola signage needs for over 25 years
- Knowledgeable, experienced team of sign technicians
- Creative graphic designers to properly craft your interior wayfinding system
- High-quality printing capabilities and use of Pantone system ensure color matching and brand consistency
- Quality-tested and warranted materials on all interior wayfinding projects
- Unrivaled commitment to customer service